Barber Heating and Air, an HVAC company in Burlington, NC, started in 1988. Barber Heating and Air does installations for commercial and residential properties. In addition, we service everything that we sell. In addition to servicing everything we sell, we also install and service commercial refrigeration equipment like walk-in coolers, freezers, and ice machines in the restaurant industry.
Check out all our services at Barber Heating and Air: cooling, heating, and refrigeration. We have Service Agreements on our website too – so that you can invest smartly in your heating or cooling system with Barber Heating and Air. Want to know more about Indoor Air Quality? You can find that on our website too. If you’re ready to request a quote, get started today!
Y’all know how hot it gets during our North Carolina summers. What happens if your air conditioning stops blowing cold air? There are a few ways to troubleshoot your HVAC system if your A/C is not blowing cold air. Of course, it’s always wise to contact an HVAC professional for service and repairs. Identifying the potential root cause of the problem and communicating any findings to your contractor helps. This information enables better preparation for repairing your unit quickly. Plus, address any problems as soon as possible. Why? Because a broken air conditioning unit is not only an inconvenience, but possibly a major health concern if temperatures soar.
There are some relatively common reasons your A/C may have stopped working, including:
- Power issues: make sure your A/C unit is plugged in!
- Thermostat issues: try turning the dial down all the way, or try pushing the buttons to the lowest level and see if that trips the unit to run.
- Clogged filter: some A/C units will automatically shut down if the filter is clogged. Make sure to clean or replace your filters regularly!
- Ice buildup: this could be because of dirty coils or filters causing poor airflow.
- Clogged drain: if the moisture from your A/C is draining out into a hose or other drain pipe, this could become clogged.
- Dirty compressor: part of your regular maintenance should be cleaning the area around your compressor and covering it for the winter.
- Condensate airflow switch: some air handlers contain an integrated safety float switch that trips and shuts off the unit when the drain pipe backs up with water.
- Low refrigerant levels: coolant doesn’t go bad or deplete, but your A/C’s lack of cold air may be from a refrigerant leak.
There is hope! Fixing some issues on your own remains an option. Plus, most are easily repaired by a qualified HVAC technician. One of the easiest ways to save energy is to have an efficient HVAC system. At Barber Heating & Air, we are dedicated to maintaining and installing the perfect system for your home. If you’re interested in how we can meet the energy needs for your Burlington, NC home, request a quote or call us at (336) 226-6959.