AC Repair in Burlington, NC
Reasons to Choose Barber Heating & Air
Highly rated by our customers with hundreds of 5-star reviews
Fair pricing with affordable financing options available
Fully stocked trucks to ensure timely repairs
Free estimates for system replacement or installation
Industry leading warranties and guarantees
What happens if your air conditioning stops blowing cold air? We all know how hot North Carolina summers can get. There are a few ways to troubleshoot your HVAC system if your AC is not blowing cold air. Of course, it’s always wise to contact HVAC contractors for service and repairs including air conditioner repairs. But identifying the cause of the problem and relaying findings to your contractor helps for a speedy air conditioning repair. This information enables better preparation for repairing your unit. Plus, address any problems as soon as possible. Why? Because a broken air conditioning unit is not only an inconvenience, but a major health concern if temperatures soar.
Common Air Conditioner Repair Problems
Here are some common air conditioner problems and signs your A/C may have stopped working, including:
- Power issues: make sure your AC unit is plugged in!
- Thermostat issues: try turning the dial down all the way, or try pushing the buttons to the lowest level and see if that trips the unit to run.
- Clogged filter: some AC units will automatically shut down if the filter is clogged. Make sure to clean or replace your filters regularly!
- Ice buildup: this could be because of dirty coils or filters causing poor airflow.
- Clogged drain: if the moisture from your AC is draining out into a hose or other drain pipe, this could become clogged.
- Dirty compressor: part of your regular maintenance should be cleaning the area around your compressor and covering it for the winter.
- Condensate airflow switch: some air handlers contain an integrated safety float switch that trips and shuts off the unit when the drain pipe backs up with water.
- Low refrigerant levels: coolant doesn’t go bad or deplete, but your A/C’s lack of cold air may be from a refrigerant leak.
There is hope! Fixing some issues on your own remains an option. Plus, most are easily repaired by a qualified HVAC technician. One of the easiest ways to save energy is to have an efficient HVAC system. At Barber Heating & Air Refrigeration, we are dedicated to maintaining and installing the perfect system for your home in Burlington NC or anywhere else in central North Carolina. We also stand behind any air conditioning repairs. If you’re interested in how we can meet the energy needs for your home, request a quote or call us at (336) 226-6959.
AC Repair Services from Barber Heating & Air
For professional and timely AC Repair services from Barber Heating & Air, give us a call today at (336) 226-6959 or request service online. Check out our financing offers to see what works best for your budget. Just checking things out? Take a look at our blog for tips and tricks on maintaining your system at home.
"*" indicates required fields
“We received several quotes for AC repairs and Barber Heating & Air was not the cheapest, however their customer service was outstanding. From the quote process to repairs they explained what was needed, communicated timelines and even worked late hours on repairs. Would highly recommend Barber Heating and Air!”
“Great people and great prices. They even put on boot socks to come inside so they wouldn’t track in any mud. 10/10 would recommend and use again. After I called, they were here within 2 hours and the service was completed in 1 hour.”
“Barber has done work for me several times. Each time is always a terrific experience. They are friendly on the phone, responsive with scheduling and always complete the job in a timely manner. Each service tech is clean friendly and always makes time for my questions. Thank you Barber Heating and Air!”
“Excellent customer service and excellent technicians! I spoke with Jessica early Sunday morning and she had Brandon out and he had the problem fixed within 2 hours of us talking. Will definitely contact them again when we need service done.”
“My AC went out overnight, so I woke up to a house that was rising in temperature. I tried calling a few places but Barber was the only business that answered. They understood my concern and sent a technician out the same day.”
“Sam and Brandon delivered top notch customer service. I am beyond pleased with the service I got this weekend. They showed up when they said they would. Told and showed me the problem before proceeding. I am so thankful that I choose this company. Keep up the good work.”